Senior Scientist – Antibody Fragment Discovery
Tip a friend
Black Swans Exist | Recruiting talents for Commit Biologics
Are you dreaming of shaping a new biotech company and developing curative treatment to cancer? Are you highly experienced in discovery of VH or VHH antibody based multi-specific formats from biotech or large pharma and want to use your capacity to catalyze a new way to utilize the immune system to treat cancer? – then read on.
About Commit Biologics
Commit is a newly established biotech company with a proprietary technology for utilizing the immune complement system in cancer treatment.
We are an experienced team of science and business leaders with the vision to provide curative treatment to those cancer patients, for whom no treatment is available today. Our BICE technology utilizes the complement system to kill tumor cells through the use of single domain antibody based bispecifics.
We are seeking a lab based creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly experienced scientist with a proven background in discovery of multi-specific single domain antibodies. You will be responsible for the identification, development, validation, and implementation of novel molecular biology workflows to expand and improve the existing discovery and engineering workflows. This will include the planning, design and execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation, preparation of reports and communication of the findings to the team and stakeholders. Additional responsibilities will include providing technical training to more junior team members where required.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Setup high throughput single domain antibody phage display screening.
- Identify and optimize single domain antibody molecules applying our display technologies and screening methods such as affinity, expression, aggregation propensity
- BiCE engineering and production
- Humanization and sequence liability optimization
In addition, you will shape Commit Biologics together with us to establish a professional and cutting-edge immune therapy company.
You hold a PhD or MS degree in Molecular biology or Biochemistry and have at least 7 to 10 years of experience with Antibody Discovery Technologies in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
We are looking for a candidate with these qualifications:
- Excellent lab-based scientist
- Possession of a deep technical expertise and hands-on knowledge in a range of in molecular biology and antibody engineering skills around single domain antibodies that can be applied to cancer immunology research such as
- Phage display screening, panning, BLI
- Knowledge and/ or experience of antibody engineering for optimization, multi-specificity and ideally also development
- Expression and purification of antibody or single domain antibodies
- Common bioassay platforms (i.e. immunoassays, spectroscopy-based bioassays, assessing single domain antibody binding to cells using FACS) and cutting-edge technologies
- Understanding and enthusiasm for tumor immunology and cancer therapies
- Highly motivated and dynamic individual who can take ownership of a project and take pride in its delivery.
- Proactive with problem-solving aptitude
- The ability to plan and execute to clear timelines and to prioritize tasks
- The ability to work independently and actively collaborate within and across teams
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Strong results driven personality, high level of enthusiasm, energy and creativity and an ability to demonstrate flexibility and integrity
Familiarity with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Experienced in the use of DOE statistical tools
- Antibody fragment, single domain antibody characterization
- Fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS)
- Microfluidics systems
- Knowledge and experience with various HPLC/UPLC analytical techniques
- Any other experience relevant to antibody discovery & engineering
- Experience working with CROs
We offer you to become part of a fun and professional team, shaping the future of Commit Biologics and creating curative treatment to cancer patients. Give us a call to discuss more if your heart is beating faster than usual and you are ready for a new endeavor.
The job is located in Aarhus, Denmark. (Among TIME magazine’s “Worlds greatest places of 2023” https://time.com/collection/worlds-greatest-places-2023/6261658/aarhus-denmark/)
If you want to hear more about this opportunity and Commit Biologics, or if you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you wish to apply for the position, please send an updated version of your CV, together with what questions you might have, and we will get in touch with you soon.