Senior Scientist – Antibody Characterization and Developability Assessment
Tip a friend
Black Swans Exist | Recruiting talents for Commit Biologics
Are you dreaming of shaping a new biotech company and developing curative treatment to cancer? Are you highly experienced in discovery of VH or VHH antibody based multi-specific formats from biotech or large pharma and want to use your capacity to catalyze a new way to utilize the immune system to treat cancer? – then read on.
About Commit Biologics
Commit is a newly established biotech company with a proprietary technology for utilizing the immune complement system in cancer treatment.
We are an experienced team of science and business leaders with the vision to provide curative treatment to those cancer patients, for whom no treatment is available today. Our BICE technology utilizes the complement system to kill tumor cells through the use of single domain antibody based bispecifics.
We are seeking a lab based creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly experienced scientist with a proven background in discovery, the engineering and developability assessment of antibody and antibody fragments.
You will be responsible for setting up a lab for biochemical antibody characterization and developability assessment. This will include the planning, design and execution of experiments, data analysis and interpretation, preparation of reports and communication of the findings to the team and stakeholders. Additional responsibilities will include providing technical training and coaching to more junior team members where required.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Define implement relevant developability assays
- Setup biochemical analytical antibody stability lab
- Design and implement high throughput stability indicating assays
In addition, you will shape Commit Biologics together with us to establish a professional and cutting-edge immune therapy company.
You hold a PhD or MS degree in Molecular biology or Biochemistry and have at least 7 to 10 years of experience with immunology and Antibody Discovery Technologies in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
We are looking for a candidate with these qualifications:
- Excellent lab-based scientist
- Possession of a deep technical expertise and hands-on knowledge in a range of antibody developability assays that can be applied to cancer immunology research such as
- Antibody fragment, VHH/dab characterization, including binding assays (ELISA, BLI, Biacore, MSD, …)
- Knowledge and experience with various HPLC/UPLC analytical techniques
- Determine aggregation propensity and self- and non-specific interactions using Prometheus Panta
- Provide technical and operational expertise to stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high-quality assays for data generation throughout project life
- Data processing, statistical analysis and interpretation
- Highly motivated and dynamic individual who can take ownership of a project and take pride in its delivery.
- Proactive with problem-solving aptitude
- The ability to plan and execute to clear timelines and to prioritize tasks
- The ability to work independently and actively collaborate within and across teams
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Strong results driven personality, high level of enthusiasm, energy and creativity and an ability to demonstrate flexibility and integrity
Familiarity with any of the following would be an advantage:
- Experienced in the use of DOE statistical tools
- Formulation development experience
- Microfluidics system
- Any other experience relevant to antibody discovery & engineering
- Common bioassay platforms (i.e. immunoassays, spectroscopy-based bioassays) and cutting-edge technologies
- Experience with working with CRO’s
We offer you to become part of a fun and professional team, shaping the future of Commit Biologics and creating curative treatment to cancer patients. Give us a call to discuss more if your heart is beating faster than usual and you are ready for a new endeavor.
The job is located in Aarhus, Denmark. (Among TIME magazine’s “Worlds greatest places of 2023” https://time.com/collection/worlds-greatest-places-2023/6261658/aarhus-denmark/)
If you want to hear more about this opportunity and Commit Biologics, or if you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you wish to apply for the position, please send an updated version of your CV, together with what questions you might have, and we will get in touch with you soon.