Last updated 16th of March 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Black Swans Exist Aps (“company”, “we”, “us”, “our”). This privacy statement has been developed in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is intended for all whom we interact with. If we ever make any major changes to our privacy practices, we will let you know. If necessary, we will also ask for your permission. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. We have done our best to make our explanations simple and understandable to everyone but if you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information please contact us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website blackswansexist.com (the “website”), and more generally, use any of our services (the “services”, which include the website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time and read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing, or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Who will your information be shared with?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for do-not-track features do we make updates to this notice?
- How can you review, update or delete the data we collect from you?
- How can you contact us about this notice?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE TO US
We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our services, when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal information provided by you: We collect names, phone numbers, email addresses, job titles, contact preferences and other similar information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics- is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The Information we collect includes:
Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information on our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity on the Website (such as date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity error reports and hardware settings.
Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as IP address, device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type the settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt-out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners and other outside sources.
In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, as well as from other third parties. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media URLs and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use information we collect or receive:
- For finding the right match. We provide candidate information to our clients but only by the candidates’ consent. Also client information collected by their consent, for the candidates.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and /or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- To send you marketing or promotional communications. We and/or third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “What are your privacy rights” below).
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, services and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable laws, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order or legal proceedings, such as in response to a court order or subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations or, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled “How can you contact us about this notice?”.
Web and Mobile Analytics
Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and LinkedIn Insights
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information longer than 2 years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should access the Website within a secure environment.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to delete such data from our records.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change or terminate your information at any time.
In European Economic Area, you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include rights (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information; (ii) to request rectification or erasure of your personal information; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to processing of your personal information. To make such requests, please see our contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove and/or reject cookies.
If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services from our Website.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
11. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY NOTICE?
Yes, we will update this policy notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We are updating this privacy notice whenever necessary. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Last updated” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as its accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information privacy.
12. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
The request to review, update or delete your personal information, you may contact us by the following contact information.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments concerning this notice, you may contact us by the following contact information;
BLACK SWANS EXIST APS
TUBORG BOULEVARD 12
2900 HELLERUP, DANMARK
+45 78 76 84 48